9 Mobile Statistics That Will Make You Rethink Your 2019 Cybersecurity Strategy
Cybercrime is a lucrative business, and IT and Information Security (InfoSec) professionals’ jobs are only getting harder.
Advancements in mobile technology have transformed every employee into a roaming cybersecurity vulnerability. Many of us are now using our personal smartphones for work purposes. And, while that may seem harmless and cost-effective for an organization, personal mobile devices are now more powerful than the PCs of several years ago — and they’re just as open to cyber intrusions by hackers. This can lead to compromised data, resulting in breaches that can cost organizations millions of dollars per incident.
The majority of IT security professionals have recognized that mobile devices are a clear and present threat, however, investments in cybersecurity often overlook (or under value) mobile threat defense.
Consider these nine mobile statistics when evaluating your cybersecurity budget for 2019 and beyond:
- 82 percent of cybersecurity professionals predict unsecured Internet of Things (IoT) devices will cause a data breach at their organization – Raytheon
- The average large enterprise has 2,000+ unsafe mobile apps installed on employee devices – Veracode
- 74 percent of IT leaders from global enterprises report that their organization has experienced a data breach due to a mobile security issue – IDG
- Cybersecurity professionals rank mobile devices as the #1 hardest enterprise asset to defend – Cisco
- 93 percent of security professionals agree they need to take mobile security more seriously – Verizon
- 86 percent of employees access company emails via their mobile devices – Clutch
- Mobile web traffic now represents 52.2 percent of all Internet usage worldwide – Statista
- More than 180 billion apps have been downloaded from Apple’s App Store® alone – Statista
- In 2017, 61 percent of all emails were first opened on a mobile device – Adestra
On-Demand Digital & Cyber Threat Mitigation Webinar
We live in a digital world and cyberattacks are inevitable for businesses of all sizes, throughout every industry. To further understand the threats facing your business through mobile , and how you can protect yourself, your employees, and your customers from a devastating data breach, watch our 30-minute on-demand webinar replay — Digital & Cyber Threat Mitigation: Mobile Security for Safeguarding the Entire Individual Footprint.