Data Privacy Day | A New Era in Privacy
Data Privacy Day is celebrated every January 28th. Led in the U.S. by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA), it is a day for individuals and businesses alike to focus on the most current privacy issues. This year, the campaign aims to build awareness by encouraging individuals to “Own Your Privacy” by learning more about how to protect their valuable data that is online, and businesses to “Respect Privacy” by taking responsibility for keeping individuals’ Personally Identifiable Information (PII) safe from unauthorized access and ensuring secure data collection and processing.
In honor of our commitment to data privacy and this global data protection initiative, we’ve gathered some of our most valuable resources to help you safeguard sensitive personal and business information.
Be Aware of Your Rights
Tips to Protect Your Personal Data
- Keep Up with the Latest Data Breaches
- Safeguard Your Family’s Online Data Footprint
- Review Tips for Data Breach Victims
- File Taxes Early This Season and Beware of Tax Scams
- Invest in a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to Roam the Internet with Peace of Mind
- Update Passwords to Protect Against Credential Stuffing
Tips to Protect Your Business Data
- Invest in Enterprise Mobile Security
- Secure Your Employee’s BYOD Devices
- Properly Educate Employees on Safe Cybersecurity Practices
- Protect Your Employees with Identity Theft Protection as an Employee Benefit
- Build a Culture of Security in Your Organization
- Ramp up Your Organization Against Ransomware Attacks
Arming yourself with identity theft protection is a step in the right direction for anyone who is concerned that their information is, or could become, at risk. Businesses can safeguard their employees’ financial well-being by offering identity theft protection as a supplemental benefit.